The laser level is an essential control tool that works to the accompaniment of a laser beam projector. It is consistently used in construction and surveying. In aid of picking up your desired laser level, we’ve compiled a list of top 10 laser levels on the basis of research and thorough comparison of various popular models and brands.
What brings you here on this exclusive site?
Money doesn’t grow on trees. The aim is to help you save your precious time and hard earned money by guiding you to the right direction so that the laser level you buy must offer the best value for your money. We are sure that the reviews and the chart will work to your advantage before you can put the idea of buying the one into action.
A few important points to take into account
- A laser level comes in two well-known categories, rotary & straight line.
- First of all, you need to decide what category between these two laser levels perfectly suits your needs and then choose the one accordingly.
- Once you’ve arrived at a conclusion about the category, it is advisable to scrutinize various popular brands along with the models so as to opt for the right company as per your needs and ability to pay.
- Some of the popular brands are Bosch, Dewalt, PLS, etc.
- Read the reviews about the products by different popular manufacturing companies.
- Also, bear in mind the stars awarded by the users. This will give you a good idea.
- You’d better shop from some reliable and well-reputed sources such as Amazon.
- Purchasing a laser level of good quality on Amazon is an absolute breeze.
- Just click the button “Shop Amazon” or “Check Amazon Price”.
- Let’s take a brisk look at the comparison table.
Bosch GLL3-80 Guarantee: 1 year Load: 5 lbs Variety: 265 ft Perfection: +/- 1/4” @ 100 ft Battery duration: Not mentioned Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Dewalt 089K Guarantee: 3 years Load: 4.6 lbs Variety: 165 ft Perfection: +/- 1/8” @ 30ft Battery duration: 30 hours Battery Voltage: 12 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
PLS-180 Guarantee: 3 years Load: 2.4 lbs Variety: 200 ft Perfection: +/- 1/8” @ 30 ft Battery duration: 30 hours Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Dewalt 088K Guarantee: 3 years Load: 1 lbs Variety: 100 ft Perfection: +/- 1/8” @ 30 ft Battery duration: Not mentioned Battery Voltage: 12 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Bosch GCL-25 Guarantee: 1 year Load: 5.5 lbs Variety: 100 ft Perfection: Not mentioned Battery duration: 5 hours Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
PLS-4 Guarantee: 3 years Load: 3 lbs Variety: 100 ft Perfection: +/- 1/8” at 30 ft Battery duration: 25 hours Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Unknown Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Bosch GPL -5 Guarantee: 1 year Load: 1.6 lbs Variety: Not mentioned Perfection: +/- 1/4” at 100 ft Battery duration: Not mentioned Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
PLS-5 Guarantee: 1 year Load: 4.9 lbs Variety: 250 ft Perfection: +/- 1/8” at 100 ft Battery duration: 30 hours Battery Voltage:– Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Bosch GTL-3 Guarantee: 1 year Load: Not mentioned Variety: Not mentioned Perfection: +/- 1/16” at 20 ft Battery duration: Not mentioned Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Bosch GTL -2 Guarantee: Not mentioned Load: 3 lbs Variety: 30ft Perfection: +/- 1/2” at 30 ft Battery duration: Not mentioned Battery Voltage: 1.5 Leveling Type: Self-leveling Laser Color: Red Shop Amazon
Perfect & quick idea about the best laser level
Well, the sole aim of reviewing laser levels is just to help you choose the one you really want to. The above facts and figures are aimed at giving you a perfect but quick idea about the best laser level in accord with what you are looking for. The uses of a laser level are a dime a dozen, these are just a few. For those who have already well enough information in aid of their DIY project, a broad range of brands is out there.
Why opt for the best laser level?
As a matter of fact, your project can’t be accomplished with a bang unless a proper & accurate alignment doesn’t take place, and for this purpose, you as a professional construction dealer need a proper Laser Level to better cope with the tasks.
In this day and age, we simply need this kind of useful tool because the degree of accuracy that our naked eye can’t see can be acquired under the auspices of such a quality laser level tool. The fact is that you are not able to buy a perfect laser level without having necessary information accordingly. Just visit a few sites and then placing the order will lead you to put on sackcloth and ashes down the road. Therefore, it is inevitable to buy the tool that can really fulfill your needs.
Any laser level can’t be right up your alley. This is because each laser level comes with some particular limitations due to which, all laser levels are not made for all jobs. On the contrary, a well-chosen tool can be useful for a variety of applications. Depending on your needs, maybe a larger level industrial jobs or any amount of small jobs, you must decide on the right choice of a laser level.
The study of reviews will reveal you so many new things that you might not have in your mind before. You should bear in the mind all the mistakes that are commonly committed in the act of purchasing this special tool. Once you are aware of them, you become able to avoid them. Below are a few important factors and common mistakes while purchasing a laser level.
- Choosing a perfect accuracy rate
Checking out the accuracy is the best approach to deciding on how much functional the laser level is you are going to buy. To cut to the chase, your leveling tasks can be affected as and when the accuracy rate is above 3Xm or below 3Xm. This will slow down the accomplishment of the project.
- Checking out the accuracy of each brand
The above all factor is to ascribe great importance to perfection or accuracy. On this account, we’ve provided the perfection of each brand for your convenience. The highest level of accuracy with the innovative and trendy laser levels is just about -+1.5Xm at 30m. The absolute minimum accuracy rating is -+Xm.
- The role of beam
A noticeable and clear beam can act out a very significant role in leveling. A good laser lever must be with abundantly clear and bright beam. Without a pronounced beam, a laser level is of no avail.
- Commonly available beam
The laser levels that are consistently used are available in a red beam. This use is due in its own place. As far high-quality indoor construction sites, red beams are less visible and useful than green ones. This is because the green beam is more prominent than the red beam.
- The significance of a bright beam
As a matter of fact, the low-quality laser levels produce a laser beam with agonizingly dim brightness. As a result, it cannot be clearly seen for all the low lighting. As long as you are not able to see the lines clearly whether in normal or high lightning, you can’t work properly and it is only possible as and when a laser level has a bright beam. It is also crucial in the act of working outdoors in the high lightning worksite.
- The issue caused by short life battery
As you are aware that almost all the laser levels work on their specific batteries, and therefore, prolonged battery hours are above all. A short battery life can make you feel the agonizing trouble of charging it with regular intervals. Of course, it might be a heavy cross to bear in a way that you are working and it has gone off.
- The battery conditions of rotary laser levels
If you are using rotary laser levels, you may have to encounter such an issue more frequently as against the one stated above. However, you are strongly advised to take the battery life into account, in the act of buying a laser level so as to avoid inconvenience in future. This is the only way; you can work with a bang without a battery charging break.
- Why opt for a long life battery?
In short, if you would like to work without a pause during working, your laser level must have long life battery that can offer more timings and less power consumption. Using a short life battery can abysmally affect the ongoing work.
- Laser Level Range
The laser level produces the beam that occupies a specific space. The occupied space is known as the range of the laser. In this aspect, the more the covered area is, the wider the leveling will be.
- A beam thorough in its coverage
A laser beam covering a wide area helps you accomplish the task faster. Please, note that if the work is indoors, any beam range can work. On the contrary, if it is about outdoor sites, you must have the laser level with maximum beam range to cover the widest possible area.
If you are an outdoor user of a rotary laser level, the beam visibility counts on the rotating speed. Just check out rotating speed option to make sure it is fast enough.
- Speed options
In fact, a high-quality laser level must be built in a wide range of speed options as you may be in the need of lower or higher speed at any time in accord with the need of the task.
In simple words, you need lower speed when the beam goes out of site due to a higher speed than needed. In the same way, you need higher speed for a greater cover up.
- Elevated IP rating
Elevated IP rating directly adds up to the quality of the laser level as it tells you how durable the tool is against commonly known harmful elements such as water and dust. The more IP rating a laser level has the higher quality it enjoys.
- IP rating with regards indoor applications
And again, the high IP rating doesn’t add up to very much when it comes to indoor applications. On the other hand, if you are about outdoor activity, your laser level is of good quality only as and when the IP rating is high. Of my acquaintance, the laser level with IP67 has extreme resistance to water and dust.
- The kinds of leveling
Leveling is of two kinds, manual and automatic. If your laser lever is with manual configuration, you need to level your tool manually, contrary to this; it will be an automatic process. Some tools are built in manual configuration while others come with automatic options.
- A combination of self and automatic leveling
To your amazement, some laser levels are also available with both options self and automatic features. In this way, you can have more leveling options if you desire so. In the final analysis, for the sake of more simplicity and ease in work, you should opt for the one with both the options as all in one form.
- The safety of internal parts
In the case of damage to any internal part, the laser level may act up anytime. Such a probability is more likely to happen in the act of working outdoors. Durability with powerful and rugged construction is inevitable in order to avoid such an agonizing state of affairs including the abysmal fall by accident, which is possible only if the internal parts of the laser level have been provided lasting security and safety.
- The motor of rotary laser might be an accident-prone
As far rotary level laser, there must be an adequate safety for the motor connection. The facts and findings add up that the motor of rotary laser level is mostly accident-prone. The level tool must have strong resistance to commonly encountered elements like water, dust; soil so that it can be in action for long even is abysmal state of affairs.
- Installation process
Almost every technical tool is a complex structure so is the laser level. On this account, most of these tools take ages in the installation process. But at the same time, now the latest market offers the most advanced laser levels with precise features making them easier to install and use.
- Advanced options
Specific options, advanced buttons, digital display and easy controlling are a few examples of the newly added features that were absent in previous models and brands. In short, it is also one of the features of a high-quality laser level to be easy to use and install even for the beginners.
- Multiple mounting threads
It is also one of the qualities of a good laser level that it should come with multiple mounting threads so that the user can mount it in more than one way making it accessible for a home to outdoor sites such as open areas.
Especially for outdoor usage, multiple mounting threads are essential. You must bear in mind this feature while purchasing the one because most laser levels are not able to be mounted on rails, posts, walls, and even tripods. Such a thing is often simply a pain in the neck when working outdoors. In a few well-chosen words, a gladly acceptable laser level tool is one that must be mounted all over in accord with the needs.
- No safety risk while working
Above all, a good laser level must be safe to use for anybody like you. The quality of a good laser level should be that it is harmless not only to the users but also the people passing that place. This is because of the fact that the laser beam can possibly affect the users and the passers-by. It as well comes out that most laser level tools project relatively injurious beam built in larger diode meant for outdoors.
- Inflammable effects
The length should be limited and less effective without any inflammable effects for the skin and clothes. Take it as an important point that a good laser level never accounts for any damage.
- Price variations of different laser levels
Along with a wide range of features, laser levels are on offer with different prices. You can see in the above comparison chart that every high quality featured laser level isn’t highly priced. The comparison clearly shows some high-quality laser levels with reasonable prices. Just choose one of them and save the amount of money you can.
- Recommendations regarding the prices
The fact is that you are not supposed to scrutinize a laser tool as the best with the highest price. What you need to do is to compare the quality features with the given numbers. You can buy your best laser level at fairly cheap rates by having just a nodding acquaintance with the assured features and factors.
Frequently committed mistakes while buying a laser level
Most laser level buyers have to put on sackcloth & ashes after the purchase of a laser level because it doesn’t work the way it should. It was meant for something else while the buyers got it for another purpose. In this way, they got nothing but a useless waste of time and hard earned money. This mostly happens because of lack of knowledge and awareness with regards various brands and models of laser levels. If you want to avoid the trap of encountering such an undesired state of affairs, you must have the information on good authority.
Below are some important mistakes that a laser buyer commits and then faces the music accordingly. You can avoid getting into hot water by keeping them in your mind when trying to purchase your best laser level.
- How to avoid the mistakes in the act of buying your best laser level?
Most buyers fail to make a correct appraisal of their actual needs and thus get the wrong tool in a way that the laser level they have bought is worlds apart from what they actually need in accordance with the required tasks.
- Let’s pretend you’ve bought a tool for outdoors but it is designed to perform indoor tasks. Such an act makes the purchase a totally agonizing idea. Nothing can happen next, the whole thing is academic now – you can’t do you invested for.
- On that account, it is inevitable to know the actual purpose in accord with your project with the type and quality of the laser level so as to buy the same as you need.
- Depending on whether you need the tool for a limited occasional task or you want it for frequent use for a lot of application, you should decide on how many features will work for you. The more the features are there, the higher the price will be.
- For a simple use, you are not supposed to buy a pricey laser level with any amount of features.
- Laser levels come with multiple leveling patterns or designs. Most common among them are vertical, horizontal and grading. The ones that are consistently used are vertical and horizontal.
- You should be aware of the needs accordingly. For example, if vertical and horizontal can work to your advantage, you don’t need to purchase laser levels of high prices built-in grading patterns.
- You might be confused regarding what pattern you should apply over and above spending money more than necessary.
- The wrong choice of beam color can waste your hard earned money. Beams are in red and green colors.
- Green beam laser levels are the best for indoor work and red beam laser levels are appropriate to the outdoor.
- You are not simply supposed to confuse the green with the red thinking that you can avoid the trap of purchasing a laser detector in future. But you will have to buy a laser detector for outdoor use.
- Accordingly, it is advisable to choose the one you really need for outdoors, indoors or both of them.
- You must bear the mounting ability in your mind.
- If you just look at the feature and type, you will have to face the music down the road.
- Never forget to check out the mounting threads because some laser levels are built-in magnetic stand not mountable on other surfaces except for iron-made surfaces leading you the extra cost of more straps.
- As was stated earlier above that levels are two kinds, manual and automatic. Here, the most buyers make a mistake.
- You must realize that manual leveling needs you spend more time and focus as against automatic leveling.
- Although you can buy the tool with manual leveling as well, before going for the one, you must take the hassle into account. However, if you ask me, you are strongly recommended the automatic leveling if you want more precise accuracy in your work.
- You also need to decide on whether you want a laser level tool for a large level industrial work sites or it is all about your periodic simple requirements for normal installation tasks.
- If you want it for industrial use, it’s all right to spend more money so as to get perfect industrial accuracy. On the contrary, it is advisable to buy a middle range laser level along with entry level features. Thus, you can avoid the trap of paying an arm and a leg.
Winding up in a few well-chosen words
Every laser level can’t fit the bill for every person. Some may need as part of their profession while others would like to buy this tool for periodic usage. Some are those who may have already used it while for others, it may be a quite new experience – even a real baptism of fire in case of wrong selection. Once you’ve awakened to what your laser level needs are along with the added advantage of useful information with regards a variety of brands and models by different manufacturing companies, you become able to opt for the perfect laser level to perfectly suit your indoor and outdoor needs.